10 Things Christians can do everyday
1. Treat others as you would have them treat you: Treat other people in the manner that you want them to treat you. This is a hallmark of Christianity. Be kind to people, even when they are unkind to you. That way, you set an example for them, you become a representative of the Christian faith.
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you” - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 7:12 (NIV)
2. Help people: In Matthew 25:34-40, Jesus tells us that we are to give food to those who are hungry, give clothes to people who need them, provide shelter for people who have none, visit people who are sick, and give comfort to people who are in prison.
3. Don’t worry: Do your best. Deal with life’s problems. But don’t worry. Instead, have faith in Jesus that all things will work out in the way they need to work out.
“Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 6:27 (NIV)
4. Read the Bible: If you read the Bible for about 10 to 20 minutes a day, you can finish the four Gospels - the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - in one month. The four Gospels describe the life and teachings of Jesus, the Son of God.
5. Give thanks and be joyful: “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
6. Pray: “This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.’ ” - Jesus, explaining how people should pray, as quoted in Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV)
7. Forgive your enemies: “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 6:14-15 (NIV)
8. Be careful what you say about other people: “But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 12:36-37 (NIV)
9. Know the Word of God and use it each day: If you read the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, you will see many examples of how Christians should act.
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 7:24 (NIV)
10. Encourage others to read the Bible: If you have found peace and salvation in the Bible, share it with others - tell people, write a letter, or create a Web site. Encourage others to read the Bible. Encourage family members and friends to attend church with you. Consider giving Bibles as gifts to others.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Jesus, as quoted in Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
Happy Birthday to me!!! It has been one month and a day since I did the BIG CHOP!! When I cut my hair on April 19th, my sides were tapered to barely anything and the hair I did have was HALF of an inch!!! Looks like my daily routine has been working.. My hair is now 2 inches and 3 quarters. I love the fact that I have been able to absorb so much information for my natural hair journey but the main thing that had contributed to my fast hair growth is CONDITIONER!!! Co-Washing everyday and then hydrating my hair with water before I go to bed by placing a shower cap and a satin scarf on my head.
Currently I am trying new products for my second month to see if growth stays the same, etc. Will post pictures soon!!